4 Days Marrakech To Merzouga Erg Chebbi Desert Tours
Day 1: Marrakech – High Atlas Mountains – Ouarzazate – Dades Valley:
Early in the morning, we set off on our trip with Marrakech as our starting point. We begin by heading off towards the Dades Gorges, over the High Atlas Mountains. Along the way, the view of the 2,260 m high Tizi N’tichka pass delights our sight. This route abounds in stunning beauty due to its unique landscape, which is plenty of contrasting vegetation alongside the Berber settlements. We’ll go on via Ouarzazate, which is the Moroccan capital of cinema, where we’ll find the cinematographic studios where films like “Astérix” or “Sahara” were filmed. We’ll keep on moving towards the route of a Thousand Kasbah, from where you’ll reach a road where you’ll have the chance of appreciating the placid peacefulness of the mountains inhabited by the Berber nomads. Arrival to the astonishing Dades Valley. Dinner and lodging in hotel.
Day 2: Dades Valley – Dades Gorges – Erfoud – Merzouga:
After having breakfast we’ll resume our way to Dades Valley and we will cross the stunning Todra Gorges where we’ll stay until lunch time. With renewed energies, we’ll take the road to Merzouga and we’ll go through Jorf palm grove (where the best dates are said to come out) and Erfoud, a nice town where you’ll be able to visit a marble workshop. Once we reach Merzouga and after recovering from the mind-blowing view of its sand dunes, we’ll leave the 4×4 and ride on a camel to penetrate into the desert in search the campsite where we’ll spend the night. There, we’ll enjoy one of the most genuine dinners of all Morocco.
Day 3: Merzouga – Rissani – Alnif – Tazarine – De Draa Valley – Agdez – Ouarzazate:
If there is anything which nobody can forfeit, that’s the sunrise in the desert, and that’s why we’ll get up early. After enjoying that moment we’ll ride on the camels to arrive at a hotel where we’ll have a shower and breakfast. In our return to Ouarzazate, we’ll take another way. We’ll reach Alnif going through Tafilalet palm grove and the town of Rissani (which is the origin of the Alauí dynasty and ancient capital of Alauí sultans), and there we’ll step into the road which crosses the Anti Atlas Mountains. Delighted by the shapes and colours of these mountains, we’ll arrive at Tazarine (an important Berber town,) N’kob and, finally, at De Draa Valley and its amazing palm grove. In the evening, we’ll cross the Anti Atlas through Tizi n Tnifift pass (1,660 m high) towards Ouarzazate, where we’ll spend the night in a riad/kasbah.
Day 4: Ouarzazate – Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou – Marrakech:
Departure towards Marrakech having a required break to visit the Kasbah of Ait Benhaddou, recognised as a World Heritage Site. We’ll go on our route towards Marrakech crossing the Tichka pass (2,260m high) with stunning landscapes. Arrival at Marrakech. End of our services.
Included & not Included
- Private vehicle a/c, 4×4 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado or luxurious van for 4 days + fuel.
- Experienced driver.
- Pick up service and transfer to your lodgings in Marrakech.
- Rooms with bathroom – a/c in customary hotel/Kasbah/Riad with breakfast and dinner (vegetarians are welcome.)
- Overnight in the dunes of Erg Chebbi Merzouga, tent in nomad campsite with dinner and breakfast.
- Camel round trip from campsite (which is about 1 hour for each way.)
- Spare time to explore places such as Ait Ben Haddou, film sets, Taourirt Kasbah, etc.
- Pick up is carried out at 08:00 a.m. in summer and 07:30 a.m. in winter.
- Drop-off around 05:30 p.m. in summer and 06:30 p.m. in winter.
- Lunch meals
- Admission to monuments
- Several choices of lodging categories to your election according to your needs.
- Wide range of hotels.
- Riads of 3* and 4*.
- Hostels and Bivouacs.
- The price of the route varies depending on the number of travelers and the category of the chosen accommodations.
- Send us an email indicating your trip chosen dates, number of people and the selected lodging category. We will provide you with your custom made-route in demand.