3 Days Marrakech To Fes Desert Tours
Day 1: Marrakech – Tizi-n-Tichka – Ait Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate – Skoura – Dades Gorges:
We will pick you up at 08:00 a.m in your hotel/riad, then we will travel towards the south of the High Atlas Mountains through the spectacular Tizi-n-Tichka pass (2260m above sea level). This is a spectacular road of red mountains and Berber villages. We will visit the Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou (declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1987) which is the most famous Berber village in Morocco. It has been the filming location of such films as Lawrence of Arabia, Gladiator and Prince of Persia. We will pass through the Oasis of Skoura to continue towards the Valley of Roses. This is the only place in Morocco where the Damascus Rose is grown, from which water and rose oil used for cosmetic treatments are extracted. The Dades Valley will be the last place we will see today, which has a beautiful a rock formation looking like a natural sculpture. Night in the Dades Valley.
Day 2: Gorges of Dades – Gorges of Todra – Arfoud – Merzouga Erg Chebbi:
After breakfast we continue our trip to the Todra Valley, considered one of the oldest valleys in Morocco. A beautiful valley of 15 kilometres of date palms which ends with spectacular Gorges, which are used mainly for rock climbing and as a picnic area. On the way to Merzouga we will find many oases and some towns and cities, such as Arfoud, where we will see the fossil factory. The next destination will be Merzouga, where you can take a camel ride and enjoy the sunset in the beautiful red dunes of Erg Chebbi. Night in Berber camp.
Day 3: Erg Chebbi Merzouga – Ziz Valley – Midelt – Azrou – Ifran – Fez:
The last day of the trip we will leave the desert and cross the Ziz Valley, driving through beautiful landscapes and cities such as Rissani and Arfoud. We will pause for lunch in Midelt and then continue to Fez, crossing the Cedros Forest, where we can stop to see the local monkeys of Morocco. Time for a tea in Ifrane, this beautiful mountain village is also known as the Moroccan Switzerland and is the second largest ski resort in Morocco. Arrival at your Hotel / Riad in Fez. End of the trip.
Included & not Included
- Private vehicle with A / C, 4 × 4 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado or Luxury Van for 3 days + Fuel.
- Experienced driver.
- Pick up and delivery at your accommodation in Marrakech / Fez.
- Rooms with bathroom – A / C in typical Hotel / Kasbah / Riad with breakfast and dinner (vegetarians are welcome).
- Night in the dunes of Erg Chebbi Merzouga, tent in nomadic camp with dinner and breakfast.
- Camel ride round trip to the camp (about 1 hour each way).
- Free time to explore the sites such as Ait Ben Haddou, movie sets, Taourirt Kasbah, etc.
- Pick up in the summer months at 08:00 a.m and in the winter months at 07:30 a.m.
- Delivery around 5:30 p.m. in the summer months and at 6:30 p.m. in the winter months.
- Noon Meals
- Entrance fees to monuments
- Several choices of lodging categories to your election according to your needs.
- Wide range of hotels.
- Riads of 3* and 4*.
- Hostels and Bivouacs.
- The price of the route varies depending on the number of travelers and the category of the chosen accommodations.
- Send us an email indicating your trip chosen dates, number of people and the selected lodging category. We will provide you with your custom made-route in demand.